Hello, Greetings, Namaste,
On Fridays, I celebrate Fridays with Friends. On Fridays with Friends, I like to post pictures of other cats (and other animals if they are in the photo with a cat.)
Please send your pictures that include your cat(s) by the end of Thursday in order to have your pets’ pictures posted on Friday. Don’t forget to include your pets’ names.
You should send your pictures to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archimedes the Cat
I will not be dazzled with technology until I can download cat treats.
But, in the meantime, if you know of any technology for cats, please share.
I love all things cat related.
If at night you can’t sleep, and in the morning you can’t get up, maybe you’re a cat…like me.
If you’re a human, maybe I can give you some suggestions to help you sleep better:
- Pick a comfortable place to sleep. (This varies from person to person. There are some terrific new mattresses out there. But, one of my favorite places to sleep is with my family’s t-shirts.)
- Relax your muscles, starting from your head and working your way down to your toes.
- Clear your mind. Don’t think about anything else.
- Breathe deeply.
- Let a cat sleep next to you.
Watching the movie Lion, which is about a human that was adopted, reminded me that there are a lot of my cat brethren out there that need to be adopted, also.
There are many shelters that have cats that are waiting for homes. If you are considering getting a cat, please consider rescuing a cat by adopting from a cat shelter.
The Humane Society of the United States estimates there are between 13 million and 87 million stray cats in the United States. Six to eight million animals are put into shelters each year. But only 4 to 6 million go to homes. The remaining cats get euthanized, which breaks my deep cat heart.
By adopting a rescue cat:
- You are saving the life of the cat that you adopt.
- You are making room for more cats to get into the shelters.
- You are improving the lives of people who have fewer stray cats in their areas.
- You are saving small animals who would be prey of the stray cats.
So, please consider adopting a cat. You’ll feel great about yourself for doing so, and I’ll be proud of you.
My family has been discussing taking a short trip. I think it might be a ski trip, and I don’t blame them. Who doesn’t love to ski the powdery slopes of Vail, Colorado? However, even though I can be quite independent, I enjoy having my family around. So I tried to come up with ways to keep them at home. I recalled the movie called “Nine Lives,” in which a cat urinated in someone’s purse. I decided against doing that. (I have a perfect record for using the litter box.) As my family members got their luggage, I began pacing around watching them. But it was only few minutes before each of them scooped me up, gave me lots of hugs, and reassured me that they would miss me too, and that they would be back soon. At that point, I decided to keep calm and nap… in their luggage.
I don’t intend to eavesdrop. But, because I am so stealthy, I get to listen to many conversations, even when people may not be aware I am present. I’ve been spending a lot of time listening to people talk about wanting pets and I want people to know …cats rock!
Cats make wonderful pets. Everyone should have one. Here are some reasons that cats rock:
- Cats do not have to be taken out for walks. So when it too hot, cold, rainy, or snowy, our people do not have to be exposed to the elements.
- Cats won’t scare your guests. Instead many of us cats will leave you to entertain.
- Cats will help you maintain a rodent free home.
- Cats know how to use the toilet…er..litter box.
- Cats can stay at home alone overnight and we are fine. Just make sure to leave us some food and water.
- Cats can live in small homes. Cats don’t need much room.
- Cats are clean. So, when you hug us, you will not be repulsed by a stench.
- Sleeping with a cat may help you sleep better. Many people find that they sleep better with cats than they do with other humans.
- Owning a pet has heart benefits. Cat owners are less likely to have heart attacks.
- Owning a cat lowers your blood pressure.
- Being exposed to a cat in your home makes you less likely to develop allergies.
- Being exposed to a cat in your home makes you less likely to develop asthma.
- Cat owners are smart!